Skip to content
Information for the Petition
- Copy of passport, including biographic page, front and back cover, all stamped pages, and I-94 card.
- Completed copy of detailed immigration history, including any student, employment, or temporary visa documents.
- Copy of your birth certificate. Your birth certificate must include your name, date, and place of birth, and your parents’ names.
- Copy of your marriage certificate, if applicable.
- Copies of birth certificates for all of your children, even if they are outside the US or not applying with you.
- Copy of your original employment offer letter, if your petition is being sponsored by your employer.
- Completed questionnaires, sent to you by your paralegal.
Information About Your Work
- A brief description of your company’s contributions to your field (whether they have been material or theoretical)
- A summary of who owns your company and how many employees you currently have.
- A copy of your portfolio, if applicable. Include a list with descriptions of your company’s products
- Evidence of any media coverage you or your company has received
- Documentation of awards or fellowships you have received, but only if they are extremely hard to get. Please give details on how selective they are.
- Copies of programs from conferences where you have chaired or presented on behalf of your company
- Evidence of judging the work of others in your area of business
- Programs, flyers, invitations, and/or pictures from exhibitions or competitions that have showcased your company’s work
- Copies of your published articles
- Copies of your patents
- Evidence of your work being used/followed by others outside of your firm, such as interest from another private company or client, inclusion of a publication in a university syllabus, having your work be utilized as a basis for a grant/patent application, etc.
- Sales records
- Emails from other companies/clients soliciting your products/expertise
- A list of references, with contact information, who are willing to contribute a letter to your petition. Please include 3-4 people, 1-2 of which are independent (i.e. people who you have never worked or collaborated with). It is preferred that your references come from a variety of institutions, agencies or clubs. They can be from any country as long as they are qualified to comment on your work. If any of your references have written letters for you in the past year, please send us electronic copies.
- Copy of your highest diploma
- Any other documentation you think might help show the reaction of the business community to your work – this is a key question, and we can work with you to brainstorm ideas for how to demonstrate the reaction of the artistic community.