Documents and Information

  • Complete this questionnaire and print this PDF, answer all questions, and return it to the Paralegal on your case
  • Color copy of both sides of your Permanent Resident Card
  • Color copy of Biographic Information Page from your passport
  • Copies of Current and Prior Passports, all stamped pages and visa stamps
  • Federal tax returns or transcripts for the last 5 years – Click here for information on how to request tax transcripts. If you cannot get transcripts quickly, we can file without them, or with copies of the returns. You can then bring transcripts to the interview. Note: the IRS will not provide transcripts of taxes filed for than 4 years back. A copy of your Federal Return for the fifth year is fine.
  • If you obtained your permanent residence through marriage to a U.S. citizen, a copy of your marriage certificate, and divorce certificate or death certificate for spouse, if applicable
  • A list of all visas you applied for and applications you filed with immigration

USCIS Filing Fees

For clients of Curran, Berger & Kludt, the filing fees are due in total before the date of filing and are reflected on your monthly billing statement. Current USCIS filing fees can be confirmed here. If you are applying for naturalization through service in the U.S. armed forces, there is no filing fee.

Do not send us original documents. You should send us copies or scans of your items and keep the originals in a safe place. If you have sent us an item already, you do not need to send it again. Just let us know if you’ve already sent it.

You can either e-mail us scanned copies or mail us paper copies. However, we can only accept e-mails up to 25 MB in size. If you need to send us large amounts of information, please create a .zip file.

Feel free to send us your documents as they become available. There is no need to wait until you have everything. We usually can get started with just a few items. If you have any questions, or think that obtaining a necessary document will be difficult, don’t hesitate to contact us so we can discuss a plan to move forward.

If a document is not in English, then a certified translation is required. Our firm can order a translation for you at an additional cost, or you can have your document translated and certified using a translation certification statement, signed and notarized.  You may not certify translations of your own documents, nor those of any family member. For a translation certification statement, click here.